India bags maximum 11 medals in World Archery Youth Championships, 2023
In the 'World Archery Youth Championship', 2023 held in Ireland, India has secured the second position in the championship by winning the maximum number of 11 medals.
An Overview of the news:
- The 'World Archery Youth Championships', 2023 is scheduled to be held from 3 to 9 July 2023.
India finished second in the championship:
- India finished with its highest ever medal tally of 11 medals in this championship. Despite this, India finished second behind Korea in this championship.
Korea topped with 10 medals:
- Korea finished first with a total of 10 medals including six gold and four silver while India finished second with a total of 11 medals including six gold, one silver and four bronze.
First male archer to win gold medal in recurve category:
- 19-year-old Parth Salunkhe from Satara, Maharashtra won the gold medal by defeating a Korean in the Under-21 men's recurve individual final on 9 July. Parth Salunkhe has become the first male archer to win a gold medal in the 'recurve category'.
- Salunkhe, who topped the ranking round, defeated seventh seed Song Injun in a hard-fought five-set match.
- India also won a bronze medal in the Under-21 women's recurve individual event when Bhaja Kaur defeated Su Hsien-yu of Chinese Taipei.
- The outstanding performance of the Indian archers in the World Archery Youth Championships, 2023, their achievements, augur well for the future of archery in India which will inspire many budding archers.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -