Ministry of Skill Development’s project to upskill weavers and artisans of Nagaland
Tags: State News
- This is a pilot project under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), a component of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY).
- It will be held in Dimapur Nagaland.
- The objective of this initiative is to upskill about 4000 local weavers and artisans to enhance their productivity through assessment and certification in traditional handicrafts, thus improving the competencies of the unorganized workforce of the region.
- The artisans and weavers will be aligned with the standardized National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF).
- The pilot project will also augment the marketing skills and techniques to promote local handmade products, thus aiming at industry and market linkages, encouraging micro-entrepreneurship.
- The training delivery partners for the upskilling initiative are Cane Concept and Handloom Naga.
- The selection of artisans and weavers will be made based on their existing experience.
- National Skill Development Corporation, the nodal implementation agency for the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, supported by Handicrafts and Carpet Sector Skill Council (HCSSC) will monitor the day-to-day progress of the project.
- The project aims at achieving learning outcomes including entrepreneurship development, digital literacy, communication skills at the workplace, and development of sales, and marketing skills.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -