Two Covid vaccines and drugs got approval in India
Tags: Science and Technology
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation(CDSCO) has approved two more COVID-19 vaccines, Corbevax and Covovax, and an anti-COVID pill Molnupiravir for restricted emergency use in India.
- CORBEVAX vaccine, made by Hyderabad-based firm Biological-E is India's first indigenously developed RBD (receptor-binding domain) protein subunit vaccine against COVID-19.
- The nanoparticle-based vaccine Covovex has been developed by Serum Institute of India, a pharma firm based in Pune.
- Molaupiravir is the first oral medicine approved by the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency.
- After this approval, the number of vaccines that can be used in emergency situations in the country has now increased to 8.
Other approved Covid Vaccines in India are:
- Sputnik V
- Johnson and Johnson
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -