PM Modi launches blockchain-based digital degrees at IIT Kanpur
Tags: National News
- The technology has been developed by IIT Kanpur under the National Blockchain Project.
- These digital degrees can be verified globally and are unforgeable.
- The blockchain system works on the principle of decentralization. This means that the control is not in the hands of a central agency, but in a distributed network of nodes. This will help in keeping the data safe even if any specific node is compromised.
- Also, the information in a blockchain is recorded and stored sequentially along with an exact timestamp. The previous information can’t be altered, only amended by adding a new block. This makes tampering with a transcript very hard.
- Blockchain technology can simplify the tedious task of maintaining the records of students by making them digitized. Also, the students will be able to access their records remotely.
- Blockchain technology will simplify the verification process. Any institute can do so with a few clicks instead of going through lots of paper documentation, in cases of transfer students, or sharing records with employers, or issuing degrees.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -