Tags: National News
1. Panels are formed to look into EPFO functioning.
For ad-hoc board-level committees to oversee the functioning of various aspects of the Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) approved by the Union Labor and Employment cabinet Minister Bhupendra Yadav.
2. National Health Accounts(NHA) report for 2007-18 released
3. Admiral R. Hari Kumar takes charge as the new Chief of Naval Staff
Admiral R Hari Kumar became the 25th Chief of Naval Staff succeeding Admiral Karambir Singh.
4. Accidental Death and Sucide Report 2020
The National Crimes Records Bureau (NCRB) released its report on ‘Accidental Deaths and Suicides in India’ (ASDI) for 2020.
Highlights of the report
5. Supreme Court to allow setting up of medical board for Jayalalitha Death inquiry
The Supreme Court said it will pass orders to allow the setting up of a medical board of AIIMS doctors to help Justice A. Arumugasamy Commission of Inquiry to gather the facts on the death of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa at Apollo Hospital in Chennai in 2016.
6. Center appoints committee to review EWS criteria
The Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has appointed a three-member committee to review the criteria for 10% reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) in educational institutions and government jobs in terms of the provisions of the Explanation to Article 15 of the Constitution (103rd Amendment) Act 2019.
7. Elephants Death
A whopping 1,160 elephants were killed in the country due to reasons other than natural causes in the past 10 years up to December 31, 2020, according to the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC).
8. UAPA Trials cannot be held indefinitely - Supreme Court
Hearing a petition of an undertrial arrested under UAPA(Unlawful Activities Prevention Act), the Supreme Court gave a landmark judgment on the right of the undertrials.
9. Paika Rebellion to be added as case study in NCERT book
Union Culture Minister, Mr. Kishen Reddy said in the Rajya Sabha that the 1817 Paika Revolution of Odisha will be included in the NCERT textbook as one of the beginnings of the popular uprising against the British.
10. Government seeks 62000 Crore for Air India
11. Government seeks Rs 25,000 crore for MGNREGS from Parliament
Central Government has put before the parliament a supplementary demand of grant in the amount of Rs 25000 Crore for the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) scheme
12. "6 Lakh Indians renounced citizenship in last 5 years"
13. Indian Government brings bills to extend the tenure of ED and CBI
The Government of India has introduced two bills, the Central Vigilance Commission (Amendment) Bill 2021 and Delhi Special Establishment (Amendment) Bill 2021 in the Lok Sabha which seek to replace theThe Central Vigilance Commission (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021 and The Delhi Special Police Establishment (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021 promulgated on 14 November 2021.
Tags: State News
1. Norovirus Cases in Thrissur
Norovirus cases have been reported for the first time in India from Kerala.
Norovirus causes inflammation of the stomach or intestines. This is called acute gastroenteritis.
2. Kerala accuses Tamilnadu of causing flood
Kerala government has accused Tamil Nadu of releasing 5000 cusecs of water to the Periyar River from Mullaperiyar reservoir, without any sufficient warning to Kerala, causing flood in Vallakadavu, Vandiperiyar, Chappathu and Upputhara.area of Kerala.
3. “Back to work” scheme of Rajasthan Government for women:
The Congress government of Rajasthan has come up with a unique scheme to provide regular employment to women who have had to quit their earlier jobs due to personal/family issues.
4. Role of Stubble burning in Delhi Pollution
As per SAFAR (System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research) data, the average contribution of stubble burning in neighboring states of Punjab, Haryana and Western Uttar Pradesh to Delhi’s PM 2.5 level in November was 14.6%.
5. Padma Shri awardee ‘Sirivennela’ Seetharama Sastry passed away.
Veteran Telugu film lyricist 'Sirivennela' Sitarama Sastry (66), a recipient of the Padma Shri and numerous other awards, died due to lung cancer-related complications on November 30.
6. Uttarakhand government frees the temples from government control
The Uttarakhand Government took back the The Uttarakhand Char Dham Devasthanam Management Act, 2019 that sought to extend control over 51 temples in Uttarakhand and have been opposed tooth and nail by their seers and managements.
Tags: International News
1. Prime Minister Katrin Jakobsdottir to form the new government in Iceland
2. Barbados becomes a Republic
The Caribbean island nation of Barbados declared itself a republic on 30 November, a move that coincides with the 55th anniversary of its independence from Britain.
Barbados capital Bridgetown
Currency: Barbados Dollar
Prime Minister: Mia Mottley
3. EU announces BRI alternative
4. Sri Lanka Finance Minister Visit to India
India has agreed to help Sri Lanka to deal with its food and energy crisis .
This was agreed by the visiting Sri Lankan Finance Minister Mr. Basil Rajapaksa and the Finance Minister Mrs. Nirmala Sithraman and External Affairs minister Mr. S. Jaishanker.
5. Russia warns US to stop NATO’s Eastward Expansion
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told the U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken that Moscow needed “long-term security guarantees” that would halt NATO’s eastward expansion.
Mr. Lavrov and Mr. Blinken was in Stockholm for a meeting of the ministerial level meeting of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe.
1. Visa complains to US govt about India backing local rival RuPay
2. Government approves strategic disinvestment of Central Electronics Ltd.
3. Direct tax collection grew by 68%
4. RBI Supersede Reliance Capital Board
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on November 29 said it has superseded the board of Reliance Capital due to the defaults of the company in meeting various payment obligations.
RBI has appointed Nageswar Rao Y, former executive director of Bank of Maharashtra as the Administrator of the Company.
5. Indian Economy grew by 8.4% in July-September 2021-22(2nd Quarter).
The National Statistics Office, under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, has released the economic data regarding the second quarter (July-September) of 2021-22.
6. GST Collection Increased
Gross Goods and Services Tax (GST) collections hit ₹1,31,526 crore in November, the second highest since the GST was implemented in July 2017 and the second month in a row that collections have crossed ₹1.3 lakh crore.
7. 30 Billion Dollar of India-China Trade Deficit in First two quarters of Financial Year 2021-22
8. Debt to GDP Ratio of States Worrying as per Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Report
The Combined Debt to GDP ratio of states is expected to remain at 31% by end March 2022
This is published by RBI in its report ‘State Finances: A Study of Budgets of 2021-22’
According to the report the target was 20% for 2021-22, so the estimated figures are really worrying.
9. Export Dip widens Trade Deficit to record 23.27 Billion Dollars
INDIA Joins G20 Troika
India recently joined G20 Troika and started the procedure for taking over the G20 presidency next year. Currently the troika is made of Italy, Indonesia and India.
Tags: Science and Technology
1. Omicron, “variant of concern”: Impact on World
With the emergence of Omicron and its virulence yet uncertain, concerns have emerged about whether the third dose of COVID vaccines should be administered in India.
2. No International flights from India
The Government cited concerns over the Omicron variant of the coronavirus and indefinitely postponed the full resumption of scheduled international flights from December 15.
3. First Case of Omicron in India
India has confirmed two cases of the Omicron variant of coronavirus in Karnataka.
4. The Indian SARSCoV2 Genomics Consortium (INSACOG) advises booster dose
Top Indian genome scientists have suggested booster doses of Covid vaccines for those above 40 years of age with preference to high risk and high exposure population.
5. ZyCoV-D to be launched in seven States
The first COVID vaccine ZyCoV-D is cleared by India’s drug regulator for those aged 12 and above.
The Omicron variant of the virus that causes COVID-19 likely acquired at least one of its mutations by picking up a snippet of genetic material from another virus - possibly one that causes the common cold - present in the same infected cells, according to researchers. This genetic sequence does not appear in any earlier versions of the coronavirus, called SARS-CoV-2, but is ubiquitous in many other viruses including those that cause the common cold, and also in the human genome, researchers said.
6. Cyclone Jawad to hit Eastern coastal area of India
The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued a warning that the deep depression in the Bay of Bengal will develop into a cyclonic storm “Jawad” and it will affect north Andhra Pradesh and south Odisha and north-northeast of West Bengal.
The cyclone has been named “Jawad” by Saudi Arabia.
7. Facial recognition at airports from 2022
Tags: Sports News
1. Ram Kumar wins his maiden Challenger Tennis title
2. FIFA Club World Cup to be held in UAE in February 2022
World Football’s Governing Body announced that the FIFA Club World Cup which was initially set to be held in December 2021 - January 2022 in Japan, will now be held in the United Arab Emirates in February 2022.
3. Ravichandran Ashwin breaks Harbhajan’s Record
Indian Off Spinner Ravichandran Ashwin broke the record of Harbhajan Singh to become the third-highest test wicket-taker in India.
He took his 418 test wicket when he dismissed New Zealand player Tom Latham in the first Test match played at Green Park Stadium, Kanpur.
4. WTA suspends event in China over Peng issue
The Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) has taken the unprecedented step of immediately suspending all of its events in China, citing the failure of the authorities to take up Chinese star Peng Shuai’s allegations of sexual abuse by a former senior Communist Party leader.
5. FIFA announces Women Football World cup 2023 schedule
6. Sage National Billiards & Snooker Champions 2021
Ladies’ 6-Red Snooker Champion:
Mens’ 6-Red Snooker Champion:
1. Ballon d‘Or football award 2021:
2. Yashin Trophy : It is given to the best goalkeeper.
3. Kopa Trophy for the best Under-21 player.
4. World Athletics Award 2021
Tags: Person in news
1. New Prime minister of Czech Republic
2. New CEO of Twitter
3. Sweden Prime Minister:
4. New Chairman of AFAA
Sriniwasan Swamy (a chairman of R K Swamy Hansa group) was elected as a new chairman of Asian Federation of Advertising Associations (AFAA) for a term of four years, at its General Board Meeting held on December 1st.
Tags: Books and Authors
1. Bangladesh Liberation @50 years: ‘Bijoy’ with Synergy India Pakistan War 1971
2. The Fractured Himalaya : India China Tibet 1949-1962
3. Translating myself and Others
4. 400 days
5. Indian Innings: The Journey of Indian Cricket from 1947
6. The Long Game: How the Chinese Negotiate with India
7. My Life in Full: Work, Family and Our Future
8. 10 Flashpoints; 20 Years: National Security Situations that Impacted India
Tags: Important Days
1. 29 November - International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People
2. 1st December- World AIDS Day,
3. 1st December: BSF Raising Day
4. 2nd December - National Pollution Control Day
5. 2nd December - World Computer Literacy Day
6. 3rd December - International Day of person with disability
7. 4th December - Indian Navy Day
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -