Tags: Important Days
1. 5th December: World Soil Day
Theme of World Soil Day 2021 is ‘Halt soil salinization, boost soil productivity’.
2. 6th December: Mahaparinirvan Divas
India observes December 6 as Mahaparinirvan Divas every year to mark the death anniversary of Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar.
3. 6th December: Armed Forces Flag Day
Since 1949, 7th December is observed as the Armed Forces Flag Day throughout the country to honour the martyrs and the men in uniform who valiantly fought & continue to fight on our borders to safeguard the country's honour.
4. 7 December: International Civil Aviation Day
The theme for International Civil Aviation Day 2021 is “Advancing Innovation for Global Aviation Development.”
5. 9th December- International Anti-Corruption Day
Theme for 2021 is, “Your right, your role: say no to corruption.”
6. 10th December: Human Rights Day
2021 Theme : "EQUALITY - Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights."
7. 11th December: International Mountain Day
2021 Theme: “Sustainable Mountain Tourism.”
Tags: National News
1. Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates centennial year celebration of the PAC
2. PM inaugrated Vyasi Hydroelectric Project
3. India’s first privately build Cryogenic Engine
4. 57th Raising Day of BSF held at Jaisalmer
5. Anemia in Children: leading to child growth failure
According to the 5th report of the National Family Health Survey (NFHS) of 2019-2021, a higher proportion of children aged 6 to 59 months have been found to be anaemic compared to NFHS-4 (2015-2016).
6. Russian President Visit to India
Russian President Vladimir Putin visited India on 6th December for the 21st India – Russia Annual summit with Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
7. Maitri Diwas
India and Bangladesh celebrate 6 December as Maitri diwas to commemorate the recognition of the day when India recognised Bangladesh as an Independent country.
8. India Crosses Covid Vaccination Milestone
9. Government has constituted Tribal Advisory Council in all states having Scheduled Areas
Tribes Advisory Council (TAC) have been constituted in 10(Ten) states having Scheduled Areas there namely Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha and Rajasthan.
10. India adds Ghana and Tanzania in the list of “at-risk” countries
Countries in Europe, including the U.K., and South Africa, Brazil, Botswana, China, Ghana, Mauritius, New Zealand, Zimbabwe, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tanzania and Israel have been placed in the “at risk” category.
11. Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) and 12 others killed in Chopper Crash
Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) and 12 others killed in Chopper Crash
India’s first Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Laxman Singh Rawat, his wife Madhulika Rawat, an army Brigadier, Lieutenant, Wing Commander, Squadron Leader and 7 others were killed in a chopper crash in Coonoor, Tamil Nadu.
IAF has ordered tri-service investigation into chopper crash
The Indian Air Force (IAF) has ordered a tri-service investigation led by Air Marshal Manavendra Singh, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief Training Command, in the Mi 17 V5 chopper crash in Tamil Nadu.
Black box of the ill-fated chopper has been recovered by the investigation team.
12. Cabinet Nod for Ken-Betwa River Linking Project
The Union Cabinet approved the funding and implementation of the Ken-Betwa river interlinking project. It is the first out of the 30 projects of the National Perspective Plan for interlinking of rivers.
13. Human Rights Violation Data by Ministry of Home Affairs
According to data provided by the Ministry of Home Affairs to the Rajya Sabha on 8th December 2021, around 40% of human rights violation cases lodged annually by the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) in the past three financial years till this October 31 were from Uttar Pradesh.
14. Bills on Assisted Reproductive Technology, surrogacy passed
15. Only 56% Funds of Poshan Abhiyaan Used
16. International flights to be resumed after 31st Jan. 2022
Directorate General of Civil Aviation announced on 09th December that full resumption of international flights stands postponed at least till January 31, 2022.\
17. Government of India extends PMGAY-G till March 2024
The Government of India has extended the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana-Gramin(PMAY-G) beyond March 2021 till March 2024 so as to provide financial assistance for the construction of the remaining 155.75 lakh houses under the scheme.
18. Rajya Sabha passes Pharma Education Bill
Rajya Sabha passed the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (Amendment) Bill, 2021 which amends the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Act, 1998.
19. No proposal under consideration to scrap Section 124A of the Indian Penal Code (IPC)
Stating the Government of India position ,Law Minister Kiren Rijiju informed the Lok Sabha that the section 124 A of the Indian Penal Code(IPC) 1860 which deals with sedition in sub -judice before the Supreme Court and the government has no intention of scrapping the section.
20. India co-chairs Global Methane Initiative Steering Leadership Meeting
A Steering Leadership meeting of Global Methane Initiative (GMI) has been held virtually in which the Additional Secretary, Ministry of Coal, V.K. Tiwari as the Vice Chairman of this global initiative informed the participants about the work being carried out by India to mitigate the emission of methane.
Tags: State News
1. Nagaland Government demands withdrawal of AFSPA form Nagaland
Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangama has also demanded the withdrawal of AFSPA from Manipur .
2. KVIC Rolls Out Project RE-HAB in Assam to Prevent Elephant – Human Conflicts Using Tiny Bees
Following the success of its innovative Project RE-HAB (Reducing Elephant-Human Attacks using Bees) in Karnataka, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has now replicated the project in Assam.
3. Nagaland Government cancel Hornbill festival
Nagaland Government has cancelled the famous annual “Hornbill festival “ as a respect to the 14 villagers mistakenly killed by the army during an anti-insurgent operation in the Mon district of Nagaland on 4 December .
4. Bird Flu confirmed in Ducks
The Alappuzha district was put on alert, after an outbreak of bird flu was confirmed at Kunnumma South (ward 10) in Thakazhy grama panchayat.
5. NEDFI Announces New Scheme Atmanirbhar Hastshilpkar Scheme for the Artisans under Ministry of Doner
With the objective to develop the petty artisans of the North Eastern Region by providing financial assistance in the form of term loan for income generating activities for setting up / expansion / modernization / working capital requirement and other activities related to the sector NEDFi has introduced Atmanirbhar Hastshilpkar Scheme to the grass root Artisans of the region.
Tags: International News
1. Mount Semeru erupted in Indonesia
2. Suu Kyi sentenced to four years in prison
The military junta ruling Myanmar has sentenced the deposed leader Aung San Suu Kyi for four years for incitement against the military and breaching COVID-19 rules,
3. US to diplomatic boycott Beijing winter olympics
The US has announced a diplomatic boycott of the 2022 Winter Olympics in China because of concerns about China's human rights record especially its treatment of Uighur muslim in Xinjinag provinces, a move that has been heavily criticised by Beijing.
4. ADB to provide loan to India
Government of India and Asian Development Bank(ADB) has signed two agreement for loan to projects in India
5. India amongst the most unequal countries in the world
As per the 'World Inequality Report 2022' by World Inequality Lab, which aims to promote research on global inequality dynamics. India is among the most unequal countries in the world, with rising poverty and an 'affluent elite'.
6. Nicaragua cut its diplomatic relation with Taiwan
Capital of Nicaragua: Managua
President of Nicaragua: Daniel Ortega
Capital of Taiwan: Taipei
7. UN General Assembly Grants Observer Status To International Solar Alliance
1. Contribution of Manufacturing of MSME sector
In a statement to the Rajya Sabha the Union Minister for Micro Small and Medium Enterprise(MSME) Narayan Rane gave information about the contribution of the MSME sector in Indian Economy:
2. City Union Bank Launches payment keychain “On the Go”
Headquarters of City Union Bank :Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu.
3. RBI to extend UPI to feature phone users
The UPI facility will soon be extended to feature phone users. At the moment, the unified payments interface (UPI) — the single largest retail payments system in the country in terms of volume of transactions for small value payments — is available only for smartphones.
4. RBI to mop up surplus liquidity as it ‘rebalances
The monetary policy panel of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) decided to increase the amount of money absorbed through variable-rate reverse repo (VRRR) auctions.
5. Paytm Payments Bank gets ‘scheduled bank’ status from RBI
6. Imports made up 86% of India's gold supply between 2016-2020: WGC
According to the World Gold Council(WGC)’s ‘Bullion Trade in India’ report:
1. 5th Indian Ocean Conference
2. Summit for Democracy
Theme of the Summit: “combating authoritarianism, fighting corruption and promoting human rights”.
PM Modi Addresses Democracy Summit
Indian Prime Minister Mr Narender Modi also participated in the summit virtually .
The PM said that the “four pillars of Indian democratic governments” are “sensitivity, accountability, participation and reform orientation”.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that Democracies should jointly deal with social media and cryptocurrencies.
The PM further added that, we all need to constantly improve our democratic practices and systems. And, we all need to continuously enhance inclusion, transparency, human dignity, responsive grievance redressal and decentralization of power.
1. India -Maldives military exercise
11th Edition of Exercise EKUVERIN between India & Maldives will be conducted at Kadhdhoo Island, Maldives from 06 to 19 December 2021.
2. DRDO successfully tests VL-SRSAM
Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) on 7th December successfully flight tested Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile(VL-SRSAM) by Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, off the coast of Odisha.
3. Air version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired from Sukhoi 30 MK-I off Odisha coast
Air version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test fired from the supersonic fighter aircraft Sukhoi 30 MK-I at 1030 hrs on 7th December, from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the coast of Odisha .
4. Lockheed Martin to make fighter aircrafts wings prototype in India
5. DRDO Successfully test Multi-barrel rocket launcher Pinaka ER
Tags: Science and Technology
1. Two wild plant species are now extinct!
According to the Journal of Threatened Taxa two species of plants Boesenbergia rubrolutea and Boesenbergia albolutea, first collected by botanists more than 125 years ago from Meghalaya and the Andaman Islands are now extinct in the wild.
Tags: Sports News
1. Perfect ten for Ajaz Patel
2. BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu settles for silver
Indian badminton star PV Sindhu lost the final of the BWF World Tour Finals to South Korea's An Seyoung in straight games 21-16 21-12.
3. India win the Test Series against New Zealand
4. Russia wins Davis Cup
The Russian Tennis Federation defeated Croatia in the final held at Madrid, Spain.
5. Lewis Hamilton wins Saudi Grand Prix
Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes team won the Saudi Arabia Formula 1 racing title at Jeddah. He is from Great Britain.
6. Rohit Sharma becomes new white ball-captain
The BCCI, cricket selection committee has appointed Rohit Sharma as the captain of the ODI side till 2023 World Cup to be held in India and was made the Vice-Captain of the Test team removing Ajinkya Rahane as the Test team Vice-Captaincy.
7. India A wins 2021–22 BCCI Senior Women's Challenger Trophy Title
8. Manipur Claims 26th Senior Women’s National Football Championship title
Manipur defeated Railways 2-1 on penalties in the final of 26th Senior Women's National Football Championship held at EMS Corporation Stadium, Kozhikode, Kerala. The league consisted of 32 teams for the 2021-22 season.
9. FIDE World Chess Championship 2021
Magnus Carlsen of Norway defeated Ian Nepomniachtchi of Russia and won the World Chess championship 2021.
1. Assam’s highest civilian award for Ratan Tata
On the occasion of Asom Divas or Assam Day, the state Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced to confer the most prestigious 'Asom Baibhav' award to the industrialist Ratan Tata.
2. U.S. maths prize for Nikhil Srivastava
Eminent Indian-American mathematician Nikhil Srivastava has been jointly selected for the inaugural $5,000 Ciprian Foias Prize awarded by the American Mathematical Society (AMS) for “highly original work” in Operator Theory.
3. Balkrishna Doshi receives U.K Royal Gold Medal 2022.
Acclaimed Indian architect Balkrishna Doshi has been selected for the Royal Gold Medal 2022, one of the world’s highest honours for architecture.
Nobel Prize 2021
Nobel prize 2021 winners were conferred with the prize on 10 December on the birth anniversary of Alfred Nobel.
Nobel Prize Winner 2021.
Syukuro Manabe of Japan and Klaus Hasselmann of Germany and Girogio Parisi of Italy
“for the physical modelling of Earth’s climate, quantifying variability and reliably predicting global warming”
Giorgio Parisi of Italy
“for the discovery of the interplay of disorder and fluctuations in physical systems from atomic to planetary scales”
Benjamin List of Germany and David W.C. MacMillan of Scotland
- “for the development of asymmetric organocatalysis”
David Julius of U.S and Ardem Patapoutian of U.S
- “for their discoveries of receptors for temperature and touch”
Maria Ressa of Philippines and Dmitry Andreyevich Muratov of Russia
Maria Ressa in 2012, co-founded Rappler, a digital media company for investigative journalism.
Dmitry Andreyevich Muratov was the co-founder of the independent newspaper Novaya Gazeta.Novaya Gazeta is the most independent newspaper in Russia today.
Abdulrazak Gurnah of Britain . He was born in Tanzania, Africa.
His famous works are Paradise, By the Sea,Desertion
The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences
David Card of Canada, Joshua D. Angrist of the U.S and Guido W. Imbens of Holland David Card got this award - “for his empirical contributions to labour economics”
Joshua D. Angrist of the U.S and Guido W. Imbens of Holland for
- “ their methodological contributions to the analysis of causal relationships”
Tags: Person in news
1. Veteran Kannada actor Shivaram passes away
Shivaram was associated with the Kannada film industry since the late 1950s. He was the recipient of several awards, including Padma Bhushan, Dr. Rajkumar Lifetime Achievement Award.
2. Former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Rosaiah passes away
Former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Konijeti Rosaiah passed away in Hyderabad.
He became the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh in 2009 after the death of Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy in 2009 in a helicopter crash.
3. Senior journalist Vinod Dua dies at 67
Vinod Dua was a prominent Hindi journalist who worked in Doordarshan and NDTV India. In 1996, he became the first electronic media journalist to be bestowed with the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award. He was awarded the Padma Shri for Journalism in 2008 by the Government of India.
4. New Provident Fund Commissioner
Madhya Pradesh cadre IAS officer Neelam Shammi Rao is appointed as new Provident Fund Commissioner in the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on 4th December 2021 by the Government of India.
5. Sunil Arora joins advisory body of IDEA
6. Padma Shri awardee Nanda Kishore Prusty passes away
Nanda Prusty was a 98-year-old school teacher from Jajpur, popularly known as Nanda Sir who provided free education to generations of children since independence.
7. Olaf Scholz sworn in as Germany’s new chancellor
Social Democratic Party leader and Germany’s Finance Minister Olaf Scholz was elected by the German Parliament as the next Chancellor of the country on 8th December 2021.
8. New French Open Director
Former world number one Amelie Mauresmo, 42, will succeed Guy Forget, as a new Director of French Open.
9. Indian Weightlifters in Commonwealth Games
Indian weightlifters Jeremy Lalrinnunga and Achinta Sheuli clinched gold medals in their respective categories at the 2021 Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships in Uzbekistan on Friday.
10. Yash Dhull named captain of Indian Team in U-19 Asia Cup
Delhi batsman Yash Dhull will lead a 20 member India squad in the upcoming Under19 Asia Cup scheduled to be held in the UAE from December 23.
11. Indian Mathematician receives 2021 DST-ICTP-IMU Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians from Developing Countries
Professor Neena Gupta, a mathematician at the Indian Statistical Institute in Kolkata, has been awarded the 2021 DST-ICTP-IMU Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians from developing countries for her outstanding work in affine algebraic geometry and commutative algebra.
Tags: Books and Authors
1. Public Service Ethics
It has been written by Prabhat Kumar,former Governor of Jharkhand and former Cabinet Secretary to the Government of India.
2. 1971: Charge of the Gorkhas and Other Stories
Author: Rachna Bisht Rawat
Rachna Bisht Rawat is the author of six other books, including the bestsellers The Brave and Kargil. Her other works are:
3. At Home in the Universe
Author: Bala Krishna Madhur
4. The Midway Battle: Modi’s Roller-Coaster Second Term
Author: Gautam Chintamani
Other popular works of Gautam Chintamani are:
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -