ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel to set up a steel plant in Odisha
- The Government of Odisha has approved the Investment proposal of ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel to set up an integrated steel plant in Kendrapara district of Odisha with an investment of Rs.1.02 lakh crore.
- ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel, is a joint venture between the world’s 2nd largest steel manufacturing company, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel.
- The integrated plant will have steel-making capacity of 24 million tonnes per annum and will generate 16,000 direct employment.
- The approved project is the largest project in the manufacturing sector in the country.
- This facility will also produce 18.75 million tonnes of cement annually, making it the largest cement manufacturing plants in the country
- ArcelorMittal is based in Luxembourg, Europe.
- Nippon Steel is based in Tokyo, Japan.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -