The World Health Organisation has granted emergency approval to Covovax (NVX-CoV2373)
Tags: International News
- It is an Indian manufactured Coronavirus Vaccine.
- It is manufactured by the Serum Institute of India under license from the U.S. based Novavax
- Covovax requires two doses and is stable at 2 to 8 degrees Celsius refrigerated temperatures.
- It will be distributed as part of global vaccine sharing system COVAX(COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access).
- COVAX is a worldwide initiative through the alliance of GAVI (Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization), the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
It is the 3rd vaccine from India after Covi Shield and Covaxin to receive WHO emergency use listing (EUL).
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -