The longest Expressway of Uttar Pradesh
Tags: State News
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the Ganga Expressway in Uttar Pradesh's Shahjahanpur on 18th December 2021.
- Length of the Ganga Expressway: 594 kilometers.
- It will connect Bijauli village near Kharkhauda on NH-334 in Meerut district with Judapur Dandu village near Soraon on NH-19 in Prayagraj district.
- It will pass through 12 districts of Uttar Pradesh namely (from west to east), Meerut, Hapur, Bulandshahr, Amroha, Sambhal, Budaun, Shahjahanpur, Hardoi, Unnao, Raebareli, Pratapgarh and Prayagraj.
- The estimated cost of the six lane expressway: Rs. 36,230 crores.
- It will be constructed by: Adani Group and IRB Infrastructure.
- Expected to be completed by: year 2025.
There will be a 3.5km long airstrip on the Ganga Expressway, which will assist in emergency take-off and landing of Indian Air Force (IAF) planes.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -