Census first phase, National Population Register(NPR) data collection deferred till Sept 2022
Tags: National News
- The first phase of Census 2021 — the House listing and Housing Census along with updating the NPR — was scheduled to be held between April and September 2020, whereas the second and main phase of population enumeration was scheduled to be concluded by March 5, 2021
- The decennial exercise was postponed multiple times due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Registrar General of India (RGI) had informed the States that the deadline for finalization of administrative boundaries is extended till 30th June 2022.
- Finaliztion of administrative boundaries, at least three months prior to the exercise, is a prerequisite for conducting the census.
- The preparation of this unambiguous list of administrative units is termed as “Census Frame” which covers the entire area but without omission or duplication of any administrative unit at any level.
- For Census 2021, all the changes between January 1, 2010, i.e. after the date of finalization of boundaries for Census 2011 up to the date of finalization of boundaries for forthcoming exercise (presently up to June 30, 2022) are to be considered for preparing the Census Frame.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -