Vice President’s visit to Lakshadweep and Kerala
Tags: National News
- The Vice President is on a 5 days state visit to Lakshadweep and Kerala from 31st December 2021 to 4th January 2022.
Important highlights of his Lakshadweep visit:
- He visited Lakshadweep on 31st December, 2021.
- He inaugurated two Colleges of Arts & Sciences in the Kadmat and Andrott islands of Lakshadweep on 1st January, 2022.
He then visited Kerala on 2nd January 2022:
- He visited Kochi, where India’s Indigenous Naval Aircraft Carrier INS Vikrant is under construction at the Cochin Shipyard Ltd.
- Addressing an event later at Naval Physical and Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL), a DRDO facility in Kochi he unveiled Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Memorial.
- He also laid the foundation stone of a Towed Array Integration Facility and handed over an Automated Sonar Trainer to the Navy.
INS VIKRANT :
The motto of the ship is "Jayema Saṁ Yudhi Spr̥dhaḥ", which is taken from Rigveda and means "I defeat those who fight against me".
- INS Vikrant, also known as Indigenous Aircraft Carrier 1 (IAC-1) is the first aircraft carrier to be built in India, it is being constructed by the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) for the Indian Navy.
- It is named 'Vikrant' as a tribute to India's first aircraft carrier, Vikrant (R11).
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -