Defence Minister inaugurates Kalpana Chawla Research Centre at Chandigarh
Tags: National News
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated Kalpana Chawla Centre for Research in Space Science & Technology (KCCRSST) at Chandigarh University on January 03, 2022.
- The state-of-the-art KCRESST would be the Ground Control Station for the Chandigarh University's Student Satellite (CUSat), an in-house developed nano-satellite being designed by the students of the university and a Geo-Spatial Centre for research, besides other projects.
- The CUSat will be among the 75 student-built satellites to be launched into space on the eve of the 75thIndependence Day in 2022.
- The Chandigarh University has joined the list of 13 institutes like Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, IIT Bombay and became the first university in North India to design and develop its own satellite.
- She was an American Indian who was born at Karnal, Haryana.
- She was the first woman of Indian origin to go to space in 1997 on board the Columbia space shuttle.
She died in a space disaster when her space shuttle Columbia crashed in 2003.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -