Chhattisgarh government to start ‘Hamar beti Hamar mann’ for women safety in the state
The Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel in a tweet on 23 September 2022, has announced that the government will launch the Hamar beti Hamar Mann’ campaign for the safety of women, especially girls.
The state government will deploy a special women police patrol on girls’ schools, colleges and prominent places where women and girls visit. A mobile number will also be issued for the ‘Hamar Beti-Hamar Maan’ helpline, on which the girls will be able to register their complaints.
The state government has also decided to deploy women prosecutors for the investigation of crimes related to women.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- It was known as southern Kosala in ancient times.
- The modern state of Chhattisgarh was created on 1 November 2000 by splitting Madhya Pradesh.
- The state shares boundaries with 6 states. They are Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand to the north and northeast, Odisha to the east, Telangana to the south, and Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh to the west.
- Governor of Chhattisgarh: Anusuiya Uikey
- Capital : Raipur
- High Court seat : Bilaspur
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
State symbol :
- State Animal : Wild Water Buffalo
- State Bird : Hill Myna
- State Tree : Sal tree
- State Flower : Foxtails Orchid
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -