Construction of Pandu Ship Repair Facility to start from May 2022
Tags: State News
- The Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways and AYUSH,shri Sarbananda Sonowal has announced that the construction of the Pandu ship repair facility at Guwahati will start from May 2022
- It is expected to be completed by 2024.
- The design and implementation of this project is being done jointly by the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) and Cochin Shipyard Limited. The technical support is being provided by IIT, Madras.
- North East which is one of the least developed areas of India has tremendous potential for development of inland waterways using its river resource .
- The work has already started on the National Waterway 2 - the Brahmaputra - as well as National Waterway 6 - the Barak which will help in facilitating cargo traffic, passenger traffic as well as tourist jetties for the economic growth of the region.
- Pandu Ship repair facility is basically designed to cater to the maintenance and repair needs of the ships which will ply on these waterways.
For detail about Waterways in india click here
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -