PM Modi inaugurates and lays the foundation stone of 23 projects worth over 17,500 crore rupees in Uttarakhand.
Tags: National News
Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Haldwani in Uttarakhand to inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of 23 projects worth over 17 thousand 500 crore rupees.
- Among the 23 projects, foundation stone will be laid for 17 projects worth over 14 thousand 100 crore rupees.
Main Highlight of the Visit:
- He inaugurated 5 MegaWatt capacity Suringad-II run of the river hydroelectric project built by Uttarakhand Jal Vidyut Nigam (UJVN) Limited.
- It is built on river Munsiyari in Pithoragarh district at a cost of about Rs 50 crore.
- Prime Minister will lay the foundation stone of the Lakhwar Multipurpose Project
- It will be built on Yamuna River at the cost of about Rs 5750 crore.
- This project of national importance, will enable irrigation of about 34,000 hectare additional land, produce 300 MW hydro power and supply drinking water to the six states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan.
- He laid the foundation in line with the Prime Minister’s vision to create new avenues for tapping the inherent potential of a region, the foundation stone of a 41 acre Aroma Park at Kashipur and a 40 acre Plastic Industrial Park at Sitarganj.
- The two projects will be developed by State Infrastructure & Industrial Development Corporation Uttarakhand Limited (SIIDCUL) at a cumulative cost of about 100 crore.
- The Prime Minister will lay the foundation stone of AIIMS Rishikesh satellite centre in Udham Singh Nagar district and Jagjivan Ram Government Medical College at Pithoragarh.
- These two hospitals are being built at a cost of about Rs 500 crores and Rs 450 crore respectively
He also inaugurated host of projects in the road sectors:
- 99 kms of road widening work on Nagina to Kashipur NH-74
Road widening Chyurani to Ancholi NH-125, All weather roads project - 32km.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -