Finance Ministry announces launch of Rs 75 special coin
Tags: National News
The Center will launch a new ₹75 coin on May 28 to mark the inauguration of the new Parliament.
An Overview of the News
- The coin is being issued to commemorate the inauguration of the new Parliament House of India.
- The coin will be unveiled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 28 and coincides with the celebration of 75 years of India's independence.
- The obverse of this coin has the Lion Capital of Ashoka Pillar and the words "Satyamev Jayate" below it.
- The coin also bears the inscription "Bharat" in Devanagari script on the left and "India" in English on the right.
- It displays the rupee symbol below the Lion Capital and the denomination value of 75 in International Numerals.
- The obverse of the coin depicts the image of the Parliament Complex and the reverse bears the inscription "Sansad Sankul" in Devanagari script on the upper periphery and "Parliament Complex" in English on the lower periphery.
About Rs. 75 Coin
- Diameter: A coin with a diameter of 44 millimetres and 200 serrations for added aesthetics.
- Weight: Weighing in at 35 grams, a coin that offers a solid and substantial feel.
- Alloy Composition: A four-part alloy composition of 50% silver, 40% copper, 5% nickel, and 5% zinc for durability and value.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -