Mega 'Yoga Festival' in Hyderabad
Tags: National News
On May 27, 2023, Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) under the Union Ministry of AYUSH organized a mega 'Yoga Festival' at NCC Parade Ground, Hyderabad.
An Overview of the News:
- Telangana Governor Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan was the chief guest at the Yoga Festival being organized at NCC Parade Ground, Hyderabad on May 27.
- This event was organized 25 days before the Yoga Festival to be held in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh on the occasion of 'International Yoga Day' on June 21, 2023.
- Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways and AYUSH Sarbananda Sonowal announced the theme of International Day of Yoga this year as 'Yoga for Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam'.
- According to Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, on June 21, the ocean will become a ring of yoga when yoga exercises will be carried out on several ports and ships by the Ministry of Defence, Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways.
- Yoga will also be done in the region from Arctic to Antarctica, in which countries on or near the Prime Meridian line will also participate in Yoga.
- Many other countries are also likely to join the programme. Yoga practice will also take place in the North and South Pole regions.
- Himadri - Svalbard, the Indian research station in the Arctic and Bharti - the third Indian research station in Antarctica are also expected to join the celebration along with millions of others across the world.
International Day of Yoga (IDY):
- The idea of IDY was proposed by India during the 69th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in 2014.
- The UNGA, in December 2014, passed a resolution declaring June 21 as the International Day of Yoga.
- The first 'IDY' was organized in the year 2015 at Rajpath in New Delhi.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -