Indian Murali Sreeshankar won Gold Medal in International Jumping Meeting
Tags: Sports News
Indian long jumper Murali Sreeshankar won the gold medal at the International Jumping meeting in Greece.
An Overview of the News
- Sreeshankar jumped a season's best of 8.18m.
- National record holder Jeswin Aldrin won the silver medal in the long jumper.
- The International Jumping Meeting is a World Athletics Continental Tour bronze level event.
International Jumping Meeting:
- Since 2011, the International Jumping Meeting has been organised every year in May.
- Participants from 16 different countries compete in the event, which serves as a qualification event organised by SEGAS (Hellenic Athletics Federation) for major competitions held in Europe and around the world.
- In particular, the event attracts famous athletes who have previously won medals at Olympic, World and European competitions.
- The Municipal Stadium of Kallithea serves as the venue for this prestigious event.
- It is located in Southeastern Europe.
- The country has many islands in the Aegean and Ionian seas.
- Santorini is known for its distinctive black sand.
- Mykonos is famous for its lively party resorts.
- Capital and largest city - Athens
- Official language - Greek
- President - Katerina Sakellaropoulou
- Prime Minister - Ioannis Sarmas
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -