Former Karnataka HC Justice P Krishna Bhat appointed as administrator of BFI
The Delhi High Court has appointed former Karnataka High Court Justice P Krishna Bhat as the Administrator of the Basketball Federation of India (BFI).
An Overview of the News:
- The appointment has been made to conduct elections in the organisation, and it came into force with immediate effect.
- The Administrator will continue to act until a newly elected body takes over the BFI.
- The court has directed the administrator to ensure that the election process is completed as soon as possible in accordance with the Sports Code.
- The decision was taken in response to several petitions regarding the election of office bearers and members of the executive committee for the period 2023-2027.
Basketball Federation of India (BFI)
- It is the governing body for basketball in India.
- It is responsible for promoting and developing basketball at all levels through tournaments, grassroots programs and training opportunities.
- President - K. Govindraj
- Establishment - 1950
- Headquarters - New Delhi
- Men's coach - Veselin Matic
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -