Mark Nicholls appointed new president of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)
Tags: Sports Person in news
Mark Nicholls has been elected as the next President of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
An Overview of the News
- He will take over from current chairman Stephen Fry in October this year.
- His appointment was announced during the Annual General Meeting of the MCC.
- Nicholls became a member of the MCC in 1981 and had a successful professional cricket career spanning over two decades, in which he scored over 25,000 runs and took 173 wickets.
Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC):
- It is a cricket club which was established in 1787.
- MCC is one of the oldest and most prestigious cricket clubs in the world.
- Since 1814, the MCC has been based at the Lord's Cricket Ground in St John's Wood, London and is the owner of the MCC Lord's Cricket Ground.
Founder - Thomas Lord
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -