Minister Sarbananda Sonowal to receive first Indian cargo ship at Sittwe port
Ports, Shipping and Waterways Minister Sarbananda Sonowal will receive the first Indian cargo ship at Sittwe Port in Myanmar on 9th May.
An Overview of the News
- Sittwe Port is a part of the Kaladan Multimodal Transit Transport Project and its development will enable multi-modal transit connectivity with Southeast Asia.
- The port has been built under a framework agreement between India and Myanmar to set up a multimodal transit transport facility on the Kaladan River, which connects Sittwe Port in Myanmar to Mizoram in India.
- The Kaladan River route has the potential to open up economic opportunities for the entire Bay of Bengal peninsula.
- It is a country located in Southeast Asia and is bordered by India, Bangladesh, China, Laos and Thailand.
- The capital city of Myanmar is Naypyidaw, which was officially designated as the capital in 2005.
- President - Myint Swe (Acting)
- SAC President and Prime Minister - Min Aung Hlaing
- SAC Vice President and Deputy Prime Minister - Soe Win
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -