Gadkari calls for joint effort to achieve 5 trillion dollar economy goal
While addressing the 41st Meeting of the Transport Development Council at Bengaluru ,Karnataka on 9 September 2022 ,Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari said that both the Centre and the States should work together to transform the transport sector.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- The 41st Transport Development Council meeting was held as part of the 3 day ‘Manthan’ organised by the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways at Bengaluru.
- Gadkari said that” In the next five years, both the Centre and the states should work together to transform the transport sector of the country to become a five trillion-dollar economy,”
- In 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi envisioned making India a $5 trillion economy and global powerhouse by 2024-25.
- He further said that efforts should be made to increase the automobile industry from 7.5 lakhs crore to 15 lakhs crore in the next 5 years enabling India as a top automobile manufacturing hub in the world.
- Ministers of Transport from Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Goa, Karnataka, Delhi and Tamil Nadu participated in the 41st Transport Development Council.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -