NTPC to Supply Renewable Power to Army’s Western command for next 27 years
Tags: place in news Economy/Finance Defence
India’s largest power company NTPC has signed a long term agreement with the Army’s Western Command to supply 25 MW/year of solar power from the national solar grid of the country for the next 27 years.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- This is the first agreement by the Indian Armed Forces for sourcing power from renewable energy sources,” said NTPC in a Twitter post.
- The Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) was signed at Western command headquarters, Chandimandir, Haryana on 8 September 2022.
- According to a statement issued by the Western Command, the new move will decarbonize upto 38 percent of the energy portfolio of Western Command, apart from accruing a substantial savings to the exchequer.
- The solar energy will be sourced from Sholapur in Maharashtra.
NTPC Renewable energy capacity :
- Presently, NTPC has 2.3 GW of commissioned renewable capacity.
- The NTPC Group plans to achieve 60 Giga Watt of renewable energy by 2032.
- NTPC recently commissioned India’s largest floating solar plant at Ramagundam, Telangana. It is a 100 MW plant.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
Command structure of the Indian Army :
- The Headquarter of the Indian Army is at New Delhi with the President being the Commander in Chief of the Army.
- Headquarters of the Indian Army: New Delhi
- Chief of Army Staff: General Manoj Pande
- The Indian Army has 6 operational commands and one Training command. Each command is headed by a General Officer Commanding in Chief with the rank of Lieutenant General.
Kolkata (West Bengal)
Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)
South -Western Command
Jaipur (Rajasthan )
Army Training Command
Army Day is observed on 15 January every year.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -