India and Japan announces first joint Air Force exercise
Reflecting the growing security cooperation between the two sides, India and Japan announced plans for their first air force exercise as New Delhi backed Tokyo’s efforts to reinforce its defence capabilities over the next five years.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- This was announced after the meeting of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh with the Japanese Defence Minister Yasukazu Hamada held in Tokyo, Japan on 8 September 2022.
- Rajnath Singh arrived in Japan after his visit to Mongolia.
- He also participated in India-Japan 2+2 dialogue involving the Defence and Foreign ministers of both the countries. India was represented by External Affairs minister S.Jaishanker and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh while Japan was represented by its Foreign Minister Yoshimasa Hayashi and Defence minister Yasukazu Hamada.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
India -Japan military exercise :
- At present both the countries conduct Dharma Guardian, JIMEX and Malabar exercise. Japan also participated in the MILAN naval exercise 2022 held in Visakhapatnam.
- DHARMA GUARDIAN-2022, an annual exercise between Indian Army and Japanese Ground Self Defence Force was held from 27 February -10 March 2022, Belgaum Karnataka.
- The last edition of the India – Japan Maritime Bilateral Exercise, JIMEX, between the Indian Navy (IN) and the Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF), was held in 2021 Arabian Sea from 06 to 08 October 2021.
- The last edition of Malabar exercise was held in 2021 involving the Australian, United States, Japanese and Indian Navy at sea of Philippines and Bay of Bengal.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -