Government directs Automobile Industry to produce flex-fuel vehicles in India
Tags: National News
Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has asked automobile manufacturers to manufacture flex-fuel vehicles(FFV) and flex-fuel strong hybrid electric vehicles (FFV-SHEV) complying with BS-6 norms within six months.
- This is part of the government effort to reduce its dependencies on fossil fuel like petrol, diesel,CNG in vehicles.
- This will reduce greenhouse gas emission from the vehicle and help India in achieving its commitment to reduce the total projected carbon emission by one billion tonnes by 2030.
- It will also reduce import of petroleum as a fuel.
Flex Fuel Vehicle
- FFVs are vehicles that are capable of running on more than one fuel variant.
- Flex fuel vehicles are capable of running on a combination of 100% petrol or 100% bioethanol and their blends.
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles have both the conventional internal combustion engine (which uses petrol or diesel as fuel )and an electric motor which is stored in a battery.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -