Gujarat government doubles insurance cover under PMAY
Tags: State News
The Gujarat government has doubled the insurance cover under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMAY) from 11 July 2023.
An Overview of the news:
- Now the beneficiaries of PMAY will be able to get an insurance cover of Rs 10 lakh instead of Rs 5 lakh.
- According to state health minister Rushikesh Patel, the decision will benefit around 1.78 crore Ayushman Bharat card holders in the state.
- Beneficiaries under PMAY will get free medical treatment in two thousand government hospitals and 795 private hospitals in the state.
- Gujarat has received over 39 lakh claims under PMAY.
- Gujarat ranks fifth in the country in terms of number of claims and second in terms of amount of claims settled so far under PMAY.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief Minister: Bhupendrabhai Patel
- Assembly: 182
- Rajya Sabha: 11 seats
- Lok Sabha: 26 seats
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -