Parth Salunkhe became the first male archer to win a gold medal in the recurve event
Parth Salunkhe has become the first male archer to win a gold medal in the recurve event at the World Youth Archery Championships to be held in Ireland from 3 to 9 July 2023. India finished with its highest ever medal tally of 11 medals in this championship.
An Overview of the news:
- The 19-year-old from Satara in Maharashtra won the gold medal on July 9 after defeating a Korean in the Under-21 men's recurve individual final.
- Salunkhe, who topped the ranking round, defeated seventh seed Song Injun 7-3 in a hard-fought five-set match.
- India also won a bronze medal in the Under-21 women's recurve individual event when Bhaja Kaur defeated Su Hsien-yu of Chinese Taipei 7-1.
Highest ever medal tally of 11 in India Championship:
- India finished with six gold, one silver and four bronze medals, the highest in terms of total medal tally.
- In terms of rankings, they were second only to Korea, which took the pole position with six gold and four silver medals.
- Capital: Dublin
- Currency: Euro
- President: Michael D. Higgins
- Prime Minister: Leo Varadkar (Indian origin)
- At present, three countries in Europe have Prime Ministers of Indian origin – Rishi Sunak (Britain), Antonio Costa (Portugal) and Leo Varadkar (Ireland).
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -