Agreement between Ministry of Defense and HAL for the manufacture of Dornier aircraft for the Indian Coast Guard
On July 7, 2023, The Ministry of Defense signed a contract with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for procurement of 2 Dornier aircraft for the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) with Associated Engineering Support Package at a total cost of Rs 458.87 crore in New Delhi.
An Overview of the news:
- The aircraft will be equipped with many advanced equipment such as glass cockpit, maritime patrol radar, electro optic infra-red device, mission management system etc.
- Its addition will further boost the aerial surveillance capability of the maritime areas under the responsibilities of the ICG.
- Dornier aircraft are indigenously manufactured at HAL (Transport Aircraft Division) in Kanpur.
- This initiative of the Ministry of Defense will contribute significantly in achieving self-reliance in defense in line with the Government's 'Make in India'.
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL):
- Establishment: 23 December 1940 (Aircraft manufacturing started from 1942).
- Founder: Incorporated as Hindustan Aircraft Limited in Bangalore by Walchand Hirachand.
- It was formed on 1 October 1964 as Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- Headquarters: Bangalore
- Management: by a Board of Directors appointed by the President of India through the Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- The HAL HF-24 Marut fighter-bomber was the first indigenously built fighter aircraft in India.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -