India’s first Lithium- ion cell manufacturing plant to start its trial run
India’s first Lithium -cell -ion cell manufacturing plant will start its trial run on 16 September 2022. It will be inaugurated by Union minister of state for electronics and IT, Rajeev Chandrasekhar.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- The lithium cell -ion cell manufacturing plant has been set up by the Chennai based Munoth Industries limited (MIL) at Tirupathi in Andhra Pradesh.
- MIL has tied up with China-based Tianjin Lishen, BPI and Amprius for technology and the end product for its Lithium cell manufacturing plant.
- MIL will invest Rs 799 crore in three phases.
- In the first phase it will produce lithium-ion cells for the consumer electronics segment such as mobile phones, hearable and wearable devices, followed by an energy storage system and two-and-three wheel electric vehicles.
- According to the company India imports Rs 15,000 crore-Rs 20,000 crore of lithium-ion cells from China, South Korea, Vietnam and Hong Kong. With the establishment of the new facility, it would take care of 60% of India’s requirements.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -