Rajya Sabha passes Pharma Education Bill
Tags: National News
- Rajya Sabha passed the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (Amendment) Bill, 2021 which amends the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Act, 1998.
- It has already been passed by the Lok Sabha .
- The 1998 Act established the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali, Punjab, and declared it as an Institution of National Importance.
- The Bill declares six additional National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research as Institutions of National Importance. These institutes are located in:
- The Bill provides for a Council to coordinate the activities among the institutes under the Bill to ensure the development of pharmaceutical education and research and maintenance of standards.
- An Institution of National Importance refers to an autonomous institute established under an Act, with the power to hold examinations, grant degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions or titles.
- These institutes of national importance receive funding from the central government.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -