Amit Shah launches Vibrant Village program at Kibithu border village in Arunachal Pradesh
Tags: State News
Union Home Minister and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah on 10 April launched the 'Vibrant Villages Programme' at Kibithu, a border village in Anjaw district of Arunachal Pradesh.
An Overview of the News
- 'Vibrant Village Programme' approved by the government with a central component of Rs 4800 crore including Rs 2500 crore specifically for road connectivity for the financial years 2022-23 to 2025-26.
- Under the programme, 2967 villages in 46 blocks of 19 districts along the northern border in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, and Himachal Pradesh and the Union Territory of Ladakh were identified for comprehensive development.
- In the first phase, 662 villages have been identified for priority coverage, which includes 455 villages in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The Union Home Minister will also inaugurate nine micro hydroelectric projects of the Arunachal Pradesh government built under the "Golden Jubilee Border Lighting Programme" at Kibithu.
- The Union Home Minister will also inaugurate Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) projects to enhance infrastructure at Likabali (Arunachal Pradesh), Chhapra (Bihar), Nooranad (Kerala) and Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh).
About Arunachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh is a state in northeastern India, bordering Bhutan, China, Myanmar and the Indian states of Assam and Nagaland.
- English is the official language, but regional languages such as Nyishi, Apatani and Gallo are widely spoken.
- Losar, Solang, Dri Utsav and Chalo-Loku Utsav are the major festivals of Arunachal Pradesh.
Establishment - 20 February 1987
Capital - Itanagar (Executive Branch)
Governor - Kaivalya Trivikram Parnaik
Chief Minister - Pema Khandu
Official flower - Rhynchostylis Retusa
Official Animal - Gayal
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -