World Homeopathy Day: 10 April
Tags: Important Days
World Homeopathy Day is observed every year on 10th April to mark the birth anniversary of Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of Homeopathy.
An Overview of the News
- The Central Council for Research in Homeopathy (CCRH) under the Ministry of AYUSH organized a scientific conference on the occasion in New Delhi.
- The conference was inaugurated by Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar and its theme is 'Homoe Parivar - Universal Health, One Health, One Family'.
- The conference included sessions on policy aspects, advances in homeopathy, research evidence and clinical experiences in homeopathy.
- CCRH exchanged Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) with various Homeopathic Colleges and Directorate of Homeopathy, Government of Kerala.
- In addition, a documentary, a portal and eight books of CCRH were released during the event.
History of World Homeopathy Day
- Samuel Hahnemann was born in Paris on 10 April 1755 and was a renowned physician and scholar.
- He discovered the fundamental principle of homeopathy, known as "like cures like".
- Homeopathy is widely used in India and is considered a safe form of treatment with minimal side effects.
- World Homeopathy Day is organised under the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.
- The day aims to raise awareness about homeopathy and its benefits as an alternative form of medicine.
About Ministry of AYUSH
- It is a government ministry in India.
- It is responsible for the development, promotion and regulation of traditional systems of medicine.
- AYUSH is the abbreviation of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia Society and aims to promote education and research of the above.
- The ministry provides educational and training programs.
Establishment - 2014
Responsible Ministers - Sarbananda Sonowal, Cabinet Minister and Mahendra Munjapara, Minister of State
Ministry Executive - Rajesh Kotecha, Secretary
Ministry of Motherhood - Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -