Tags: Defence National News
Exercise PANEx-2021 is a multi-nation Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief exercise
Participants: BIMSTEC Countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand, and India.
Date and Location - December 20 to 22, 2021 in Pune, Maharashtra
Aim: To promote joint planning and building regional cooperation for responding to natural disasters.
To bring transformative changes in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to combat contingencies like the Pandemic in the future.
The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC):
- It is a regional organization comprising seven Member States lying in the areas of the Bay of Bengal.
- This organization came into being in 1997 through the Bangkok Declaration.
- Member States: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Thailand.
- Secretariat - Dhaka Bangladesh
- Current Chair - Sri Lanka
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -