Uzra Zeya appointed U.S. Special Coordinator for Tibet
Tags: Person in news
- US’s Under Secretary for Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights, Usra Zeya has been appointed by American President Joe Biden as the country’s new Special Coordinator for Tibetan Issues.
- This position was established by U.S.’s Tibetan Policy Act (2002)
- The coordinator’s role involves-
- Promoting “substantive dialogue” between the government of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and the Dalai Lama.
- Promote the unique identity of Tibet and safeguard the human rights of Tibetans.
- Coordinate U.S. policy on Tibet.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -