Government allows Palm oil import without license to bring down the prices
- The Government of India has allowed traders to import refined palm oil without licence for one more year till December 2022, in a move aimed at increasing domestic supplies and bringing down the high prices of edible oils.
- India is the largest importer of edible oil/palm oil in the world.
- The major source of Palm oil imports for India are Indonesia followed by Malaysia
- The largest producer of Palm oil in the world is Indonesia followed by Malaysia.
- The largest producer of palm oil in India is Andhra Pradesh followed by Telangana.
Palm oil is the preferred oil in India's Hotel/Recreation and Catering sector as it is comparatively cheaper than other soft oils such as soybean and sunflower, has a longer shelf life, and is stable at high temperatures used in frying. Meanwhile groundnut, soybean and mustard oils are popular household cooking oils in the country.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -