Google appoints Srinivasa Reddy as new India policy head
Tags: Person in news
Google has appointed Srinivasa Reddy as India Policy Head. In this new role, Reddy has been tasked with ensuring fair and secure Internet access for users across the Indian subcontinent.
An Overview of the news:
- This will lead to greater dedication of Google's products and services for Indian users and to use them in a fair and reliable manner.
- Srinivasa Reddy has been appointed in place of Archana Gulati who exits Google in September 2022 after her five-month tenure.
Reddy has also contributed to Apple in the past:
- Reddy served as Apple's head of regulatory affairs in India between 2018 and 2021, in a policy and regulatory role.
- Prior to that he served for five years at Ericsson as Vice President and Head of Government and Industry Relations. He has also worked with Aircel, Marconi and Blue Star.
- Reddy will help Google deal with several policy and regulatory challenges in the country.
- In October last year, India's antitrust body fined Google $275 million in two cases for abusing its dominant position in the Android market and forcing developers to use in-app payment systems.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -