India in 'Champions Group' of Global Crisis Resolution Group
Tags: International News
The Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India informed on 7 July 2023 that India has been included in the “Champions Group” of the Global Crisis Resolution Group (GCRG).
An Overview of the news:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been invited by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.
- UN Secretary-General Guterres established the Global Crisis Response Group (GCRG) in March 2022 to address urgent and critical global issues such as food and energy security challenges.
- Champions Group maintains GCRG.
- It includes the Heads of State and Government of Bangladesh, Barbados, Denmark, Germany, Indonesia and Senegal.
- According to the Ministry of External Affairs, the decision to join the grouping reflects India's growing global leadership and commitment to address current global challenges.
- India's participation will further strengthen the efforts of the United Nations in finding result-oriented solutions to development issues affecting the world, especially developing countries.
Sanjay Verma became the Sherpa of GCRG
- Sanjay Verma, who was Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, has been designated as the "Sherpa" for the GCRG process.
- According to the Ministry of External Affairs, these Sherpas will have an online meeting on July 14 and the Champions Group meeting will be held on July 21.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -