'Ozone UV Bulletin' released by WMO
Tags: International News
The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) issues Ozone and UV bulletins at an interval of seven years. According to which the ozone layer is continuously improving.
An Overview of the news:
- To monitor and understand changes in the ozone layer, WMO has released its first Ozone and UV Bulletin.
- According to the information given by WMO, with the help of Montreal Protocol and amendments made from time to time, the use of substances that damage the ozone layer has been limited by 99 percent.
- The Montreal Protocol is an international treaty on the prevention of substances that deplete the ozone layer.
- It is designed to protect the ozone layer by phasing out emissions of substances known to be responsible for depleting the ozone layer.
International Initiative for the Protection of the Ozone Layer:
- The 1985 Vienna Convention for the Protection of the Ozone Layer provided a framework for international cooperation on ozone protection.
- The Montreal Protocol which was adopted in the year 1987 is a worldwide agreement to stop the production of ozone-depleting substances.
- The Montreal Protocol has been signed by 197 parties of the world.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -