Neeraj Prabhakar became the chairman of the research advisory committee of ICAR
Tags: Person in news
In July 2023 B. Neeraj Prabhakar has been appointed as the chairman of the Research Advisory Committee (RAC) of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
An Overview of the news:
- Ms. Prabhakar, Vice-Chancellor of Sri Konda Laxman Telangana State Horticultural University, has been appointed as the Chairperson of the Research Advisory Committee (RAC) for ICAR-Indian Institute of Oil Palm Research (IIOPR) at Pedavegi, Andhra Pradesh.
- The appointment of Ms. Prabhakar as RAC Chairperson is deemed to be effective from June 13. Ms. Prabhakar will head the ten-member committee in this position for three years.
- In addition, Ms. Prabhakar has also served as a member of the Telangana Oil Palm Advisory Committee, which advises the state government on various issues for the cultivation and promotion of oil palm.
- Telangana boasts of the highest oil extraction from oil palm kernels produced among all states in India.
- The ICAR-Indian Institute of Oil Palm Research (IIOPR) at Pedavegi (Andhra Pradesh) is the only dedicated institute in India dedicated to research on oil palm and developing technologies applicable to all oil palm growing states.
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR):
- Established: 16 July 1929
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Director General: Himanshu Pathak
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -