India's first intranasal covid vaccine by Bharat Biotech gets DCGI nod
India's first intranasal Covid vaccine developed by Hyderabad based Bharat Biotech limited has received DCGI approval on 6 September 2022 for primary immunization against the infection for people above the age of 18.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- The drugs can now be inhaled by the patient through a spray and there is no need for any injection through needles.
- In a tweet published on 6 September 2022, Mandaviya said that Bharat Biotech's ChAd36-SARS-CoV-S COVID-19 (Chimpanzee Adenovirus Vectored) recombinant nasal vaccine has been approved for primary immunization against COVID-19 in 18+ age group for restricted use in emergency situation.
- The first indigenous vaccine named Covaxin against covid-19 was also developed by Bharat Biotech.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
DCGI (Drugs Controller General of India) :
- The Drugs Controller General of India is the head of the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, CDSCO is responsible for approval of Drugs, Conduct of Clinical Trials, laying down the standards for Drugs, control over the quality of imported Drugs in the country.
Drugs Controller General of India: Venugopal Girdharilal Somani
Headquarters: New Delhi
Full Form :
DGCI :- (Drugs Controller General of India)
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -