Union Government relaxes moong and Urad limit for Madhya Pradesh under the Price support Scheme
The Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare in a relief to the Madhya Pradesh farmers has relaxed the existing purchase limit of 25 quintals for purchase of Moong and Urad under the Price Support Scheme during summer season 2021-22 .
IMPORTANT FACTS -
- It has been increased to 40 quintals per farmer per day.
- This order was issued on 6 September 2022.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
Price Support Scheme :
- It has been launched by the government of India .
- Under this scheme when the prices of commodities fall below the Minimum Support price (MSP) , state and central notified procurement nodal agencies like NAFED(National Agricultural Marketing Federation of India), purchase commodities directly from the farmers at MSP under specified Fair Average Quality,
- This helps and protects the farmers against the economic loss in farming.
Madhya Pradesh as a leading Agricultural state :
- Madhya Pradesh is also known as Soyabean state.
- It ranks 1st in the country in the production of Soyabean, Urad, Tur, Massor and Linseed.
- It ranks 2nd in the production of Maize, Sesame, Ramtil, Moong.
- It ranks 3rd in the production of Wheat, Sorghum and Barley.
Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmer Welfare : Narendra Singh Tomar
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -