Suresh Raina Announces Retirement from All Forms of Cricket
Former India and Uttar Pradesh cricket player, Suresh Raina has announced his retirement from "all formats of cricket," confirming the end of his IPL and India domestic career. He had already retired from International cricket in 2020.
IMPORTANT FACTS -
His International performance :
- He started his domestic career for Uttar Pradesh in the 2002-03 season. He played for India in 2005 for the first time in an One Day International Match against Sri Lanka.
- Raina played 226 ODIs, 78 T20Is and 18 Tests for India, and was part of the squad that won the ODI World Cup in 2011.
- He was the first Indian batter to score a century in all three international formats.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
IPL Performance :
- He was very successful in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Raina was a key player for the Chennai Super Kings, whom he represented for 11 seasons between 2008 and 2021.
- He won four IPL titles with CSK in 2010, 2011, 2018 and 2021 and still remains their top-scorer with 4687 runs from 176 matches.
- He was released by Chennai Super Kings ahead of the 2022 player auction, where he was not bought by any of the ten franchises.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -