Maharashtra government announces Vinayak Damodar Savarkar's birth anniversary as 'Swatantraveer Gaurav Din'
Tags: State News Important Days
On 11 April, the Maharashtra government declared 28 May, the birth anniversary of Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, as 'Swatantraveer Gaurav Diwas'.
An Overview of the News
- Various programs will be organised to promote and propagate the thoughts and works of Veer Savarkar on Swatantraveer Gaurav Divas.
- It aims to highlight Savarkar's contribution to India's independence movement, his ideology and his campaigns for social reforms and the eradication of untouchability.
About Veer Savarkar
- Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, also known as Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, was an Indian freedom fighter, writer and politician who played an important role in the Indian independence struggle.
- He was born on May 28, 1883 in Bhagur village of Nashik district, Maharashtra.
- Savarkar is credited with establishing the concept of Hindutva, which aimed to create a Hindu nationalist identity for India.
- In addition to his role in the Indian independence movement, Savarkar was a prolific writer, writing several books, including "The Indian War of Independence of 1857", "Six Glorious Ages of Indian History", and "Hindutva: Who is a Hindu?"
- Capital - Mumbai
- Chief Minister - Eknath Shinde
- Governor - Ramesh Bais
- State Industries Minister - Uday Samant
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -