W-20 International meeting begins in Rajasthan's Jaipur
The second Women 20 (W20) international meeting was held on 13 April in Jaipur, Rajasthan and the meeting was attended by 120 women leaders from 18 G20 countries.
An Overview of the News
- The purpose of this meeting is to address the issues of gender inequality and promote economic empowerment of women globally.
- The Women-20 is an official G20 engagement group, and the meeting focuses on the theme of "Women-led development: Leveraging the untapped potential of women to accelerate an inclusive and sustainable future".
- W20 was established in 2015 under the Turkish Presidency with the primary objective of women empowerment, advocacy of women's rights and creating a common platform for them to voice their opinion.
- The agenda of the two-day meeting focuses on five key priorities: women entrepreneurship, grassroots women leadership, bridging the gender digital divide, education and skill development and climate change.
About the G20
- It is an international forum of the world's leading economies established in 1999.
- Its primary objective is to promote international financial stability and sustainable economic growth.
- The G20 serves as a forum to discuss and coordinate policies related to a wide range of economic and financial issues such as trade, investment, employment, energy and climate change.
- It is a state located in northwestern India and it is the largest state of India by area.
- Chief Minister - Ashok Gehlot
- Capital - Jaipur (Executive Branch)
- Governor - Kalraj Mishra
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -