Second G-20 Anti-Corruption Working Group meeting concluded in Rishikesh (Tehri), Uttarakhand
The second meeting of the G-20 Anti-Corruption Working Group (ACWG) organized by the Union Ministry of Defense and Tourism from 25 to 27 May 2023 was held in Rishikesh (Tehri).
An Overview of the News:
- The meeting witnessed wide participation of 90 delegates from 20 member countries, 10 invited countries and 9 international organizations including UNODC, OECD, Egmont Group, INTERPOL and IMF.
Subject of the Meeting:
- The main themes of the meeting of the G-20 Anti-Corruption Working Group were as follows:
- Asset recovery,
- Fugitive economic offenders,
- Formal and informal channels of cooperation for information sharing,
- Institutional frameworks for combating corruption and mutual legal assistance, among others.
- There have been in-depth and productive discussions on several other key focus areas.
- A unique ancillary event was organized on the first day of the G-20 Anti-Corruption Working Group on 'Gender and Corruption'.
- India looks forward to hosting the delegates again in Kolkata on 9-11 August 2023 for the 3rd meeting of the ACWG.
- India will also host the first ever in-person anti-corruption ministerial meeting to give further momentum to the G-20 agenda of strengthening the international fight against corruption.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -