Defense Minister Rajnath Singh's visit to Nigeria
Tags: International News
Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh left for a three-day (May 28 to 30, 2023) official visit to the West African country of Nigeria.
An Overview of the News:
- Rajnath Singh will attend the swearing-in ceremony of newly elected President Bola Ahmed Tinubu at Eagle Square in Abuja on May 29.
- He will also meet outgoing Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari during a reception hosted for him on May 28.
- This is the first visit by an Indian Defense Minister to Nigeria.
- There are about 50,000 Indian communities in Nigeria. During the visit, the Raksha Mantri will also address the Indian diaspora in Abuja.
- He will hold meetings with representatives of Nigerian industry and the armed forces to identify equipment and platforms through which the Indian defense industry can support the needs of that country.
- This visit of the Indian Defense Minister will prove to be an important milestone in building strong bonds of friendship between the two countries.
- President: Muhammadu Buhari
- Capital: Abuja
- Currency: Nigerian naira
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -