Successful completion of naval exercise ‘Al Mohed Al Hindi 23’
The sea phase of the second edition of the bilateral exercise 'Al Mohed Al Hindi- 2023' between the Indian Navy and the Royal Saudi Naval Force (RSNF) was conducted at Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia from 23-25 May 2023.
An Overview of the News:
- INS Tarkash, INS Subhadra and Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) participated from the Indian side in the exercise.
- Whereas, the Royal Saudi Naval Force was represented by HMS Badr and Abdul Aziz, MH60R Helo and UAVs.
- The three-day exercise, conducted in the waters of the Arabian Sea, witnessed a wide range of maritime operations.
- The successful conduct of 'Al Mohed Al Hindi - 2023' showcased the high level of professionalism, interoperability and exchange of best practices between the two navies.
- The bilateral exercise has been successful in meeting all its set objectives.
- It is a state-of-the-art stealth frigate belonging to the INS Talwar class commissioned on 9 November 2012.
- The ship is named from the Sanskrit word 'Tarkash', meaning "arrow quiver," symbolizing its versatility.
- INS Tarkash is equipped with advanced weapon-sensor technologies and has the capability to deal with all types of threats.
- The design of INS Tarkash incorporates stealth technologies and a special hull for low radar cross-section.
- In April 2023, INS Tarkash was used as part of ‘Operation Kaveri’ to evacuate Indian nationals from Sudan due to internal unrest.
- It is a patrol vessel of the INS Sukanya class.
- The vessel has served as a test bed for the Dhanush ship-launched ballistic missile.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -