10th Edition of North East Festival begins at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi
The 10th Edition of the North East Festival began at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi on December 23.
- Union Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Narayan Rane inaugurated the four-day Festival at the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium in Delhi.
- The objective of the festival is to promote the diverse life, culture, traditions and tourism of the North East region.
- The 2022 edition will host colorful dance dramas, musical performances, fashion shows, open-mic sessions, interactive sessions, art and photography exhibitions.
- An exhibition showcasing 'Made in North East' products will have an MSME zone, wherein over 100 MSME entrepreneurs from North East India will display agro-horticulture products, handlooms, handicrafts, processed food products etc.
- A booklet titled ‘Know Your North East’ will be released by the Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways and AYUSH, Sarbananda Sonowal.
- The first seven editions were held at IGNCA, Janpath, New Delhi from 2013 to 2019 respectively.
- The last two editions were held in Guwahati in a hybrid model due to rising Covid in the national capital.
- Since its inception in 2013, this festival has contributed a lot in promoting tourism in the North Eastern states.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -