Indian scientist Prof. Thalappil Pradeep receives VinFuture special prize 2022
Renowned researcher and Madras IIT Professor Pradeep Thalappil has bagged the VinFuture Prize 2022 instituted by the VinFuture Prize Council to honour breakthrough research projects on 22 December.
- Thalappil has been awarded the ‘Special Prize dedicated to Innovators from Developing Countries’ for his development of a low-cost filtration system to remove arsenic and other heavy metals from groundwater.
- The award was presented by Prize Council Chairman Richard Friend at a ceremony in Vietnam’s capital Hanoi.
- Earlier, Thalappil was awarded the Padma Shri for developing affordable and safe drinking water solutions using nanomaterials.
- Prof. Pradeep has been able to identify the most suitable and advanced materials to remove specific contaminants from water in the most economical and sustainable manner.
- American professor Pamela C. Ronald, 61, was awarded the Special Prize for Women Innovators for basic research on rice varieties that are flood-tolerant and can bring high yields.
About VinFuture Prize
- The Winfuture Prize is awarded every year by the Winfuture Fund to recognize breakthrough scientific and technological inventions that have the potential to make a meaningful difference to people's lives.
- The fund was launched on 20 December 2020 as an independent and non-profit organization, founded by billionaire Pham Nhat.
- Its objective is to creating positive changes in the everyday lives of millions of people around the world.
- After 2 seasons, 16 scientists have been honored by the Prize.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -