National Consumer Day
Tags: Important Days
Every Year 24th December is observed as National Consumer Day in India.
- Its objective is to make the consumers aware of their rights and prevent them from the prevalent malpractices.
- A large population of India is uneducated, who is not aware of their rights and duties, but in the matter of consumer rights, even educated people seem indifferent to their rights.
Background of the day
- The day was established in 1986 as part of the Consumer Protection Act.
- The day was established to promote and protect the rights of consumers.
- The main objective of the Consumer Protection Act is to provide protection to the consumers against various forms of exploitation such as defective goods, unsatisfactory services and unfair trade practices.
- This day was celebrated for the first time in the year 2000.
- It is noteworthy that World Consumer Rights Day is organized globally on 15 March every year.
Please Rate this article, so that we can improve the quality for you -